Developed and delivered with Amanda Wilson from Lakes HR.
(Typically 2 days)
Up to 10 delegates
The focus of this two day course is to enable delegates to prepare and conduct recruitment interviews thoroughly, legally and with flexibility, in order to establish whether a candidate will be able to do the job and fit the organisation. It therefore goes beyond interview procedure and format to focus on excellent questioning and rapport skills.
The course is adapted to take account of the client organisation procedures and documentation, as well as any current issues that there may be with recruitment or retention of new employees.
The content is as follows:
- Handling resignation
- Who do you really want ? – Person specification, equal opportunities, look out for the ‘halo’ effect
- Planning the interview
- Planning questions – sources of questions, types of questions
- Keeping control of the interview/ consistency – creating a ‘mind map’
- Review Day One
- Behaviour descriptive/critical incident interviewing – what skills/knowledge is needed in role/what sort of personal and organisational skills are needed?
- Forming ‘stem’ questions – exercise
- Listening and probing – difficulties of listening and interpretation
- Developing acuity – generating probing questions
- Building rapport – exercise
- Interview practice in 3’s
- Interview follow up
- Review objectives/Action plan / Close